A#1 Cab Dispatch will forward all driver inquiries to taxi owners contracted within the fleet looking for drivers.
Here's some information-
- Taxi drivers must be over 24 years of age, with a valid Illinois drivers license (this is a taxi insurance requirement!).
- Your driving record must be good, looking at moving violations within the past 3 years and no suspensions/DUIs within 5 years. This is a taxi insurance requirement.
- All taxi drivers are background checked by local police departments for a taxi drivers permit.
- All taxi drivers are self-contracted, self-employed.
- The dispatch system is digital, and the mapping system is built right in, so it does all of the navigating for you.
- You need to own an Android device for dispatched orders & taxi app orders. The iPhone will not work with the dispatch system.
- Taxis are leased, shifts are usually based in 11-12 hour periods (day shift or night shift) by the shift, or weekly. Take home cars available. Looking for local drivers.
- Enjoy flexibility, drive full time or part time- you pick the days!
- 30+ year customer base, excellent reputation in the taxi industry.
- Day, night & weekend cars available.
- Earn cash daily, plus tips. The drivers process their own credit cards, (if they choose to), with Square, Intuit or PayPal devices.
- A#1 Taxi APP active for all taxis- at no extra charge.
- Seasonal drivers wanted, this is commitment free. FREE training.
- Current owner operator fleet vehicles are: Sonatas, Scion XB's, Sienna Vans & Camry Hybrids.
- Private cars also available to lease.
- Taxi drivers have to invest in taxi driver permits in various cities/towns you want to drive in; cost start at $30- depending on the municipality. Every driver must have at least 1 taxi permit to ensure a background check has been done by a local police department.
- How much you earn depends on the hours, days, and geographical area you choose to drive in. Every driver earns a different amount of money daily/weekly/monthly and tips.
- Lease Rates starting at $55 a shift and goes to $85 per shift depending on the vehicle make and area you work, also depending on the taxi owner operator
Bring a current Motor Vehicle Report <MVR> from Secretary of State (drivers license bureau), down to 340 Production Dr., South Elgin, IL.60177 and we'll help get you started with a fleet operator. That is the fastest way to get driving!
Questions? Call 847-888-4007 ext.204
Submit an email request to be placed with an owner operator to drive a taxi below. Someone will contact you within 48 hours. Thank you.