We feel it's important to have options in every industry but the customers need to know the difference in the services. This is the reality check-
- Uber and Lyft do NOT have their drivers fingerprinted for a background check. They don't truly absolutely know who is driving paying passengers around.
- http://finance.yahoo.com/news/uber-hired-convicted-murderer-applied-234541427.html OR http://www.forbes.com/sites/ellenhuet/2015/08/19/uber-background-check-lawsuit-convicted-felons-prosecutors/
- Just because a driver "checks into" their app to work, doesn't mean its the driver that supposed to use the app. FYI. Uber/Lyft wouldn't know any different!
- UberX/Lyft vehicles do NOT have a "24 hour commercial insurance policy" on the "for hire" vehicle. Which means coverage can be an issue if in an accident.
- Price fluctuation. The price of using a rideshare app varies. There is no "uniform" price. They base their prices off supply and demand and can change prices all day long.
- Since you have to give your credit card information to sign up, you are at risk of your information being hacked. This has happened already.
- When you accept the user terms and conditions you accept that Uber/Lyft are not responsible to anything that happens to you in the vehicle.
- There is no phone number for recourse or customer concerns.
- Who has vetted the worthiness of the vehicles? Really?
- Rideshare vehicles are exempt from the same licensing procedures as taxis. Why? Good Question! Ask your local politicians! They conduct the same business as taxis do!
- Taxis have commercial insurance 24/7, have commercial license plates, and are bonded by the State of Illinois.
- Taxi drivers are permitted with fingerprint background checks, and pay various police departments to do so.
- Taxis go through safety inspections at a facility, vetted by local police departments.
- Each taxicab pays for licensing through various municipalities, along with the drivers, and the dispatch companies- 3 fees in most cases!
- Taxis must display rates and contact phone numbers inside all vehicles for the customers.
- Taxis are easily identifiable, clear markings, and the general public has recourse if something happens.
- Taxis have ride apps too! Our app doesn't take your credit card information EVER!